Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just End It Already

Let me preface tonight's blog with honesty...it is poor, lazy, and just plain blah...much like this season.  As I watched tonight's performances, I just don't care about any of the contestants and I simply cannot see truly becoming a lasting artist.

Tonight we were treated to sh-tty selections by the contestants themselves and ever-so-slightly-better song selections by the judges for each contestant.

Casey James started off the night with the perfect song for his voice and music style when he chose Eric Hutchinson's "Okay It's Alright With Me", but unfortunately he was only alright and failed to endear himself to the judges.  As for the judge's selection, Kara and Randy selected "Daughters" by the mighty talented guitarist John Mayer; yet again, the mighty Casey struck out.  Time to pack up and head home Mr. James.

Crystal Bowersox's choice was "Come To My Window", another song perfect for her voice and style but with just so-so results.  Perhaps the contestants are buying into the media's view that this is really just a crappy season with crappy talent..  "Maybe I'm Amazed" by legendary artist Paul McCartney was a bit better, but still not I expect (e.g. a memorable performance) this late in the competition.

Lee DeWyze seems headed into the finale as the favorite when the judges all but humped his leg during the show.  Lee DeWyze selected Skynard's "Simple Man" and while the judges raved about it, once again I was left shaking my head at how this guy is so well received by the judges.  As I watched the rest of the hour, I decided that when you are left with three expired cans of corn, you simply choose the can that is the least expired to eat.  Odd analogy?  As I stated before, I simply just don't care anymore about this season.  Simon Cowell chose the haunting classic "Hallelujah".  While the best performance of the night, Jason Castro (Who, you ask?  Exactly.) performed it much better.

I have never looked more forward to a finale simply so that the pain can end.

Oh, and Randy?  If you're talking about yourself, you don't have to use the word 'personally' as in, "me, personally I didn't like it".

2 comments:

  1. I disagree completely. I am a regular Idol watcher. I see about 80% of each season. This season had/has the most talent by far.

    I do agree Casey has no place in the top three. His goat boy bravado (bahahahaha) would have been shredded any other year but he consistently finishes in the top so they keep it quite to please their demographics.

    Lee and Chrystal, however, are two of the most talented singers Idol has ever seen. Most of all they are consistent as heck. IMO Bowersox is a shoe in as she has so much more depth and soul that Lee. Lee has the vulnerability and little boy charm that the ladies, and little girls, lover. Both can sign the dickens out of the songs in her wheelhouse.

    Please tell me another season where there was more talent in the top 5, save Huey, I mean Casey James??

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't care, stop writing about it...

    ReplyDelete